Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Seedy Activity

The alternative to my "gourmet oatmeal" breakfast is granola.  True, oats is a major component, but the mix is different.  Since I am the only one eating it, I can add any ingredient my little heart desires.  So, instead of going nutty, I decided that a little seedy activity would be appropriate.


Here is my recipe:

7 cups of gluten free oats
2 cups of a gluten free flour blend
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
1 Tablespoon flaxseed
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seed
1/4 cup roasted & salted pumpkin seed
1/4 cup roasted & salted sunflower seed
2/3 cups coconut


1 cup oil
1 cup water
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Combine wet ingredients separately.  Stir into dry mixture & mix thoroughly.  Spread granola evenly onto two greased 10 x 15 jelly roll pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 4 - 6 minutes sessions (total of 24 minutes), taking granola out of the oven and stirring it after each session.  Cool.  I keep my granola in a well sealed container in the refrigerator, so it stays fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment