Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two Contrary Tummys

I have lost my culinary mojo.  My rhythm has fallen apart.  My recipes are dying like flies.  Why?  Because my hubby's stomach and mine have decided to take diverging paths and don't want to share.  He cannot eat dairy and has other diet restrictions because of IBS.  I am off gluten and corn.  He can't eat butter.  Margarine is out for me.  Apple vinegar is now a mainstay for me.  He can't eat apples.  That wonderful soy cream cheese and sour cream that was the answer to several recipe challenges is off the list for me.  Argh!  When I am putting together a meal, I am constantly forgetting to get all the parts and pieces going at the right time so that the meal is ready on time.  

Sometimes lately I feel like my conversation with my digestive system goes something like this:

Me:  "What?  Are you really going to be particular about this, too?"

Tummy:  "Yes, I believe I am."

Me:  "You have been rather a pain lately--literally.  And you are starting to cost me a lot of money."

Tummy:  "Sounds like a personal problem to me."

Me:  "No kidding."

My goal at this point is to go a week without a reaction to anything.  Once I go a month, I will feel like can finally get my grocery list settled.  Maybe one day I will have a post entitled "How Elzbee Got Her Groove Back."  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment