Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Scone Challenge

A few weeks ago our son and daughter-in-law were up for a visit, and she mentioned that she had found a great scone recipe.  I had a rather sad, "poor GF me" response.  A couple of weeks later she issued a challenge to me on her blog to come up with a gluten-free scone.  Here is the link to her blog with her challenge and my response:

Chocolate Stitches 

Of course I accepted the challenge not only for the problem solving aspect, but also for the yarn incentive. :-)  In my GF baking, I have come to realize that GF flour works best when I can make it as light as possible.  Scones are by their very nature dense, so the question is whether I can reach a happy medium of good taste and texture without the scone settling like a brick in the old tummy.  I printed out the recipe she used and will do some research on GF scone recipes.  This will be a good opportunity to try out some experiments I have been mulling over, so as my DDIL says:  "Game On!"

No comments:

Post a Comment